30th BERLIN OPEN DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS, JUNE 16-18 2017
The 30th Berlin Open Disc Golf Championships 2017 will be hold on June 16-18 at the Volkspark Rehberge in Berlin. We want to celebrate our 30th edition with you, so we will have a players party this time. Currentyl we can offer the follwing: 50€ players fee, approximately 60% of the players fee will be paid out as prize money. 100 spots and 20 holes on our traditional OB-free course. Of course there will be a players package. Starters from the 1st Berlin Open in 1987 will get a spot regardless of their rating (as long as any spots are available).
As always, we are a PDGA B-Tier Tournament. The rules of play are the ones published by the PDGA.
- June 13th: schedule updated and current course maps added
- May 11th: published details on lunch options, payment, players package and an optioinal qualification round for players on the waiting list. The course will have 20 holes - so we can host 100 players.
- April 18th: registration phase 3 started
- April 11th: Registration phase 2 started
- April 4th: Online Registration has started (phase 1). More Information including link to the registration can be found at our registration page
- April 2nd: New initial web page created.
The tournament will be hold at the Volkspark Rehberge, a beautiful park located about 4 km north of the center of Berlin. The location is roughly 2 km east of the Tegel airport and 5 km north of the western part of the city center.
If you understand German (or want to use those links for a computer generated translation), you can find more information about the park from the city administration or the German Wikipedia article.
You can also take a view from above at Google maps or
The registration process will be similar to year: we have three phases of registration, with the best players being allowed to register first. If you live within Germany, your current D-Rating will be used to determine wether you can register during an earlier phase, if you live outside Germany, your current PDGA-Rating will be used instead. The first phase will be from April 4th to April 10th, the second phase will be from April 11th to April 17th. From April 18th onwards, everyone will be allowed to register for the tournament, regardless of their rating.
click here for details and the registration link!
The results will be published online at the PDGA tournament page.
Skander Morgenthaler, Frank Neitzel